Monday, December 4, 2017

Dairy Farmers of Canada - A Glass for Santa

Christmas season starts a lot earlier for commercial studios and animators. Around late September to Halloween, I was working on a Christmas commercial for Dairy Farmers of Canada at Bent Image Lab (Agency: DDB Toronto).

I animated about half of the spot. The puppets and sets were all made of felt (with armature and under-structure, of cource). It was the first time I animated felt and real milk with very fancy motion controlled camera moves, which definitely added a layer of complexity. We tried to hide the rigs as much as possible, and since there was a lot of object interaction with the puppets, many things were just pinned downed instead of rigged. This mean I was constantly getting stabbed by needles while animating. It was also really funny how the music took over everyone's brain and you could hear everyone singing/humming/whistling the tunes toward end of the project. It was a really fun project to work on and I hope more projects like this happens in the future.


Dairy Farmers Of Canada - Merry Christmas from Bent Image Lab on Vimeo.

Here is the link to full credits/BTS photos and look development via Bent Image Lab
http://bentimagelab.com/dfc-merry-christmas/

Some additional BTS photos I took with my very old Ipad on set.




No comments:

Post a Comment