Wednesday, June 13, 2018

CREA (Canada Real Estate Association) Campaign

In March 2018 I animated on a few miniature disaster films at Bent Image lab for CREA (Canada Real Estate Association). The whole campaign is based on store bought miniature models with some really cleverly engineered practical effects. There was even a celebrity goose on set one day!

I was only involved as a stop motion animator on this campaign, but I got to blow away a house tumble weed style, shave a nice neighborhood, build a freeway and turn it into a parking lot and so on. I also animated a live human being for the first time! In the freeway spot I had to pose everything and shoot a clean pass, and then ask my set dresser/hand model, Matt Lask, to come in frame and gently hold onto the shaver and shoot another pass.

Since some of the spots were live action/stop motion hybrid, this was the first time I had to shoot the animations on 4K RED cameras instead of DSLR. This meant I was shooting mini movies clip for each frame and the editor had to go into my clips and extract single frames and then stitch it together for animation, but it also meant we did not have to switch cameras mid shot.


CREA - Residential - Directors Selects from Bent Image Lab on Vimeo.

Here is the link to the full campaign with BTS and credit on Bent's website
http://bentimagelab.com/crea-campaign/

Some BTS photos from my Ipad




No comments:

Post a Comment