Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Shivering Truth: Season 1

About a year after we shot the pilot, I was lucking enough to get called back to work on Season 1 of The Shivering Truth from April to July 2018. Now that Season 1 has started airing, I will be posting and updating photos, videos and reel as more material becomes available. For the mean time, here are all the videos/episodes I can find. I hope you enjoy them!

BTS
Some pretty amazing things were made despite the budget and time constraint. You can see me animating Bennie on the house set, and the nipple hand dance in the animation section. Some of my set photos from Sargent's ep2 monologue and ep3's hospital sets are also featured.
































I am posting episodes on the Adult Swim website in the next section. You may need to have an account with them to watch, but sometimes they unlock the episodes so check back.

Episode 1: The Nurple Rainbow
I animates some comedy club extras, and some office workers typing.
Episode 2: The Magmafying Past
I animated Sargent's side of his and private's inner dialogue, parts of private's monologue, bits of decapitated Sargent and spirit Sargent bursting out of bed. Sargent going from holding in to pretty cry and then ugly cry was perhaps my favorite shot in this episode.
Episode 3: Ogled Inklings
I animated most of the wide shots of Neil and the nurse in the hospital wide set. Closeup of Nurse was animated by another animator.
Episode 4: Constadeath
I animated most of Bennie, the house and the god hand on the wide outdoor set that is part of the BTS.
Episode 5: Tow and Shell
My involvement in this episode is pretty minor. I helped setup the rabbit falling shot and animated some rabbits falling loops that may or may not have been used.
Episode 6: Fowl Flow
I animated mostly the big guy in this episode. Starting from the closeup of him smiling, to the infamous nipple dance then the rotting corpse sequence. The dance sequence was quite intense because there were motion control involved, and he was constantly moving. Animating the rotting corpse was also something I did not have experience with, and I only get one shot. It was a foam face on top of a solid skull, so for part of the animation I was stuffing clay under the skin layer to raise the skin before it burst. In hindsight, I wish I went slower with the initial color change phase, but morphing is harder to plan than action for me. I was stationed on the outdoor wide set toward the end so I did a few exterior wide shots of big guy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment